Christian Crawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 27 wheeling

2 posters

Go down

June 27 wheeling Empty June 27 wheeling

Post  bullfrog Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:55 pm

So there is 2 of us who are going to RC to wheel on Monday June 27th. We plan to run Blue and Black trails. If interested let me know. Meeting at 8am.

bullfrog

Back to top Go down

June 27 wheeling Empty Re: June 27 wheeling

Post  fellowship jeff Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry gotta work.
fellowship jeff
fellowship jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  bullfrog Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

For those who don't know...
Rausch Creek trails are rated by color.
Green-stockers
Blue-moderate lifts and at least 31's
black-32 or larger, lockers are a big help but in the past I have done it open open and 31's. I just choose good lines for me, used a spotter and strap when need be. I will mark black trails with purple color.
Red- crazy with lift, huge tires and lockers. Expect roll overs and body damage

It was a great day of wheeling! We rolled into the park at just after 8am. Weather was in mid 70's and partly cloudy. After unloading and meeting with some fellow wheelers of another group (nice to meet you) we started out with hitting L3. I had no issues do to no lift kit but my friends jeep got a little tipsy so we put the strap to the roll bar and around a tree while he backed up and took a higher line. We got through there and headed to the last in the line of hill climbs up to A.

We took B to 1a and took the black loop back to 1a. We went on to trail 2, 1b, D and went up Crawler ridge. On Crawler ridge I slid down onto a rock on the frame and had to winch myself off. after a little work I got up crawler ridge without any other problems. My friend had no problems.

We went back to D and headed for the south property. There we ran 22 and 1st part of Snake bite. We stopped for lunch and told stories about dumbest criminal shows. :idiot:

From there we ran the rest of snake bite and headed for the North East property. There we ran N4, Blacktop road to T2. Now I never ran any of the blue or black trails so this was all new to me. I decided to try as many trails as we could. We ran 32, 35, 36, and 34, back to T2 to run trail 31. I made it most of the way through 31 without any problems until I came to a huge rock right before the bent just before the last straight stretch. There is where the day ended.

It is now about 2pm. With my leaf springs in full flex I had to winch forward to get at least 1 tire that was spinning on the ground. I hear my friends son say "your leaking something!" I shut it off and looked upfront to find a I blew a hole in the high pressure power steering hose. After filling it with fluid to get me off the rock and off the trail we took off, at least I thought we were going to take off. With the turn of the key and nothing. I had power but no starter. I crawled underneath the Ram Charger and took a rock and hit the starter. Still nothing with the turn of the key. I put it in neutral and she fired right up. Must be a bad park switch. I drove it down off the rock and in less than a min. and the pump was empty again. I drove as fast as I could the rest of 31 to make it possible to steer. I had no power steering. Once off the rocks I put a hose clamp over the line where the hole was and put the rest of the fluid we had in the pump. this got me back out to the parking lot. I was heading down the road by 3:45pm.

bullfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  fellowship jeff Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 pm

BF what year is the Ram-rig-charger? If the intermittent starting problem persists you will want to check the battery cables and the starter relay on the fender well. Heat will cause enough change in continuity that you won't get enough voltage to the starter to crank the starter. It's a common problem on the old Dodge's that not everyone remembers.
fellowship jeff
fellowship jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  bullfrog Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 pm

I am pretty sure the twist the body was in caused the park switch to not engage. as soon as I was off the rock it was fine and has been ever since.

I ordered 2 lines so I have a spare. Also ordering Chromoly axle shafts for the rear and I am going to weld the spider gears in it. I won some gift certificates at the C4C from xtremeterrain.com. There won't be much $ out of my pocket.

bullfrog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down