Next trail ride Nov. 19&20 office voteing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Next trail ride Nov. 19&20 office voteing

Post  k_enn on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 pm

I am beginning to think some things are just not meant to be. I had an auto accident last night and the truck is not driveable. With all the storm damaged cars in the area, all the shops are backed up and it is almost certain that the truck will not be done by the 19th.

But praise God that no one was hurt. With that heavy steel bumper on the truck, and hitting a Honda van broadside on the passenger side, it could have been real bad. Fortunately, there was not a passenger in the Honda and the driver was OK. It did set off the Honda's side airbag, but mine did not go off. Also, ripped a bit of a hole in the Honda.

k_enn

k_enn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bullfrog on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:27 am

Oh man that stinks! We will miss you kenn. I'm very glad you and everyone else is ok and that the X is rebuildable.

bullfrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  k_enn on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 pm

The truck is definitely out of commission for a while. The impact bent the frame horns, causing the bumper to shift (towards the passenger side, back, and tilt upward). The bumper wing was pushed back to where it is right alongside the passenger tire, so no right turns. Also, the impact bent the frame horns in such a manner that the steering linkage (brand new up-graded centerlink, new tie rod ends, and new idler arm bushings) have been pushed back and contacts the cross member. Definitely not driveable until the frame issue is corrected. Then, there is the usual and expected "plastic" damage (headlight and headlight housings, grill, etc). and some sheet metal damage (passenger fender shifted and dented, hood shifted and possibly bent).

Now for the bad part -- that snow storm at the end of October caused a lot of tree damage to cars. All of the repair shops are overloaded with work. Best estimate is at least three weeks until they can get to mine.

k_enn

k_enn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bullfrog on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 pm

No problem Kenn, this stuff happens. As of now there is 2 of us and we may pick up some stragglers.

bullfrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bullfrog on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:02 am

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. We have been working to finish our basement. I'll so glad when it's done.

Trail ride went great. Jeeper creeper ripped off his rear shock mount so I now have more welding to do! Very Happy

bullfrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top